Gotta tell you, this winter's already been stretching the friendship. With a flu doing the rounds that's a bit clingy and cold nights that mean we have a few too many heaters running for my liking, I've been struggling a bit with keeping the positive momentum flowing.
So in defiance of all the hard bits, I'd like to celebrate the things about this winter which are making me feel that I will certainly mourn its passing in a few short months.
Right now I'm loving
- Citrus fruit being handed out from people's backyard abundance (thanks, friends!)
- The first batch of my second season of marmalade... I'm a rough old cook, but it still tastes brilliant.
- Later sleep-ins at least once a week.
- More date-nights in as the nights fall so quickly (for this part of the world) and the urge to go out is absolutely nil.
- A string of sunny days after a wet spell.
- The joy of my increasingly fashion-aware girls at their first pair of "fancy" boots.
- Seeing our little boy and others in knitted vests.
- Only having to mow the grass once in nearly six weeks... more weekend time with Matt.
- Learning to slow cook good red meat dishes (I'm a steak-a-phob) and seeing how much Matt appreciates them.
What are you enjoying about this season?